CCRA Code of Ethics
To establish and maintain confidence in the integrity and professionalism of residential property owners and those affiliated with the residential rental property industry, we, the members of the Association, hereby adopt this Code of Ethics.
Having united ourselves for the purposes of improving the services and conditions of the residential rental industry, and being ever mindful of our obligations to observe all regulations governing our industry and the free enterprise system, we pledge to:
- Give equal consideration to all housing applicants.
- Be aware of the power the owner exerts over a tenant's life in providing housing and utilize that power judiciously. Uphold the principle that each resident's home is their private domain to enjoy.
- Discourage and not knowingly permit any activities which are illegal or injurious to the community, and to actively participate and support the betterment of the community.
- Conduct business in a forthright and ethical manner, comply with Federal, State and Local Laws governing the residential rental housing industry and adhere to the terms of the Washington State Landlord Tenant Act.
- Adhere to the principles of the “Free Enterprise” system, and believe that the system requires investment, risk, labor, and effort of a superior quality, and that we have the right to make an independent and fair determination of the value of our product. We respect the right of our colleagues to make their own value determinations.
- Become and remain informed on laws and matters affecting the residential rental industry so as to contribute responsibly to the community and our Association.
- Adhere to the principle of cooperation and honesty among the members of this association so as to further the interests of all members.
We believe that it is the duty of each member to conduct their business in accordance with the Code of Ethics.